Links are added quite frequently to pages throughout the site.
Listed below are new pages and significant revisions.
- August 6, 2013
- Updated the Barn Dance page, adding info about 8/27/2013 tribute to Steve Smith.
- July 30, 2011
- After 14 years of operation, the LA-cam (my Webcam view of the downtown Los Angeles skyline) has ceased operation. I had to move, and unfortunately my new residence doesn't have much of a view.
- March 29, 2010
- Added some more fonts to Earl's Font Test Page.
- January 17-29, 2010
- The Webcams section received a major overhaul. Dozens of new Webcam links have been added, and some older Webcams have been replaced with better links.
- July 14, 2009
- Updated the Ofra Haza page. The interview that has been on this page in RealAudio format since 2000 is now also available in higher quality MP3 format.
- March 15, 2009
- The Discography is complete. I've also added an alphabetical song index, and Electric Earl's Music Archive page has been renamed the chronological song index.
- March 7, 2009
- A Discography page has been added to the site. I recently finished converting my back catalogue of cassette albums to CD format. Besides the main Discography page, each album will have its own page, which is where you'll find audio clips, lyrics, credits, etc. Some of the individual album pages are already done, and the rest will be added as they are completed.
- March 6, 2009
- The Electric Earl's Music Archive page has been given a massive overhaul, with high quality MP3's and Windows Media clips added for all songs that formerly had only fuzzy-sounding RealAudio clips. Also, about 50 more songs have been added, with lyric pages and chords.
- November 23
- Added 5 new songs to Electric Earl's Music Archive page!
- August 27, 2008
- Added a Bio page (still under construction).
- March 11, 2008
- Today the homepage hit counter passed 2,000,000!
- September 5, 2007
- I created a new page for 1950s rockabilly singer JANIS MARTIN, who died two days ago. The page includes my photos of her 1994 show at The Palomino
- August 1, 2007
- Added 12 new songs to Electric Earl's Music Archive page!
- April 20, 2007
- HEY! IT'S OUR 10th ANNIVERSARY!
- April 8-15, 2007
- Because of maintenance, there were no LA-cam updates this week.
- March 2007
- The Webcams section was revised to include links to more Webcams, and with bigger sample photos.
- February 2007
- I checked each and every link on the site, thinning out dead links and revising ones that have new URLs.
- September 19, 2006
- A better camera was installed for the LA-cam, and now the Webcam image on the homepage is being updated 24 hours a day. Up until now, the Webcam updates were done only during daylight hours because the old camera wasn't good enough to capture the subtleties of the downtown lights at night (the picture was mostly black, with a few white dots).
- September 14, 2006
- Today ElectricEarl.com started carrying paid advertising for the first time. The site has always needed a way to pay for itself. But I didn't want to clutter it up with trashy looking banner ads, ads which might not even be relevant for my audience. Likewise, I didn't want to do click-through agreements with fly-by-night companies, having no way to verify their statistics, and probably no chance of ever getting paid. After nine years, I've finally found a workable solution. The unobtrusive Google ads are targeted for the content of each page. So not only do they not detract from the overall design of the site, you might even find them useful!
- November 11, 2005
- This afternoon the homepage hit counter passed 1,500,000!
- April 20, 2005
- It's the 8th anniversary of ElectricEarl.com! Thanks to all 1,373,163 visitors!
- August 13, 2004
- The palm tree that used to be on the right-hand side of the LA-cam photo was cut down today. We now have an uninterrupted view of the city skyline.
- May 9, 2004
- The Los Angeles Times Magazine, which comes with the Sunday paper, contains a story by the son of doo-wop singer Johnny Flamingo. As he tells it, our own Doo-Wop Society Website provided the crucial information he needed to track down his long-lost father.
- April 20, 2004
- It's the 7th anniversary of ElectricEarl.com! Thanks to all 1,145,858 visitors!
- September 13, 2003
- The homepage hit counter passes a MILLION!
- April 20, 2003
- It's the 6th anniversary of ElectricEarl.com!
Thanks to all 925,000 visitors! We should reach a MILLION in mid-September.
- March 4, 2003
- The hit counter on the homepage passed the 900,000 mark today!
- February 13, 2003
- The homepage hit counter passed 888,888 today!
- April 20, 2002
- It's the 5th anniversary of ElectricEarl.com!
Thanks to all 730,000 visitors!
- January 20, 2002
- Twelve more Electric Earl tracks have been added to Electric Earl's Music Archive. In addition to RealAudio clips, the archive also includes lyrics and chords for each song.
- January 2, 2002
- New page ATERCIOPELADOS in Los Angeles 2001 documents the popular Colombian duo's appearances in southern California with photos, set lists, ticket stubs, etc.
- May 7, 2001
- The OFRA HAZA page now includes a radio interview in RealAudio format. The show's host, Tom Schnabel of KCRW-FM (Santa Monica, CA), also writes about his memories of Ofra Haza.
- April 20, 2001
- It's the FOURTH ANNIVERSARY of ElectricEarl.com!
537,500 hits and counting.
- March 29, 2001
- Today the old brick wall and window frame design of the homepage was replaced by a big-screen TV theme. Revisions were made later in the day to make the page layout more consistent for certain Mac browsers. More elements will be added as time allows.
- March 25, 2001
- Regular visitors will notice that the LA-cam image is a little smaller today. This is in preparation for the new homepage design (now in progress), which calls for a different proportion.
- March 11, 2001
- The ROSIE FLORES page has info about Rosie's new CD, due May 8th.
- March 4, 2001
- The History & Nostalgia links page has been reorganized - i.e., the long alphabetical list has been broken into categories.
- February 20, 2001
- At 1:58 p.m. PST, the HOMEPAGE hit counter reached 500,000 (half a million) hits!
"What's New" ARCHIVE: 2000 1999 1998 1997
ElectricEarl.com · P.O. Box 3761 · Hollywood, CA 90078-3761 · USA
This page established: April 20, 1997
Last updated: SEE DATE OF TOP ENTRY
© 1997-2013 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.