PARKERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL (photo #2)
|Parkersburg High School, built at the northwest corner of Seventh & Green Streets in 1891, is seen here around 1914. The Carnegie Library is visible behind it. This building became Parkersburg Junior High in 1917 when the high school was moved to a new, rural campus on Dudley Avenue, and was later rechristened Washington Junior High. The edifice was razed in 1964 and replaced by the Uptowner Inn (now defunct).|
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HIGH SCHOOL (old) / CARNEGIE LIBRARY
Content © Copyright 2001-2004 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2000-2004 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com