THE PARKERSBURG CITY HOSPITAL
Parkersburg's 40-bed City Hospital (seen here around 1906) was opened in 1898 at 508 Thirteenth Street, opposite St. Mary's Avenue. The building later became the St. Raphael's Convent for the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus when the hospital was moved to the large Johnson Newlon Camden home at Eighth and Ann Streets after Camden's death in 1909 (below). It later became Camden-Clark Hospital. The old building on Thirteenth, which extended half a block behind the eastside houses in the 1200 block of Quincy Street, was torn down to make way for the Greenbrier Apartments in the late 1960s.
Senator J.N. Camden's home at 717 Ann, seen here around 1906,
later became the Parkersburg City Hospital.
The Camden house (courtesy of Roger Mackey)
Patients at Camden Clark received this card in 1925.
The new hospital in the Johnson Newlon Camden home at Eighth and Ann in the 'Teens.
Camden-Clark was built on this spot in the 1930s.
Camden-Clark was underwater during the 1937 flood.
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2003-2016 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2016 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com