UPDATED: 12-31-2000
PARKERSBURG, WEST VIRGINIA:   A VINTAGE PORTRAIT

THE CHANCELLOR HOTEL (photo #1)

The Chancellor Hotel, seen here circa 1910, was built 1901 on the northeast corner of 7th & Market, replacing a Methodist church that had stood there since 1858. For many years the Chancellor was Parkersburg's premier hotel. It was torn down in 1977.



BACK TO CORNER OF SEVENTH & MARKET STREETS






Content © Copyright 2000 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.


Site design © Copyright 2000 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site:   ElectricEarl.com