Looking north across the Juliana Street bridge from Marrtown during the 1913 flood.
Note the name on the small boat: Titanic. (Photo courtesy of Tim Archer.)
Looking north from the foot of the Juliana Street bridge during the 1904 flood.
Looking north toward Second from the Juliana Street bridge during the 1913 flood.
The Star Grocer building at Juliana and Second Street in 1907. Built in 1902,
it is now the Blennerhassett Museum. To the left is the ramp of the Juliana
Street bridge leading to Marrtown on the other side of the Little Kanawha.
|Looking northwest from near First Street and Juliana in the 1940s toward the Oil Well Supply Company
pipe yard at 208 Ann Street. The large building on the left of the photo is the Ann Street railroad
station at Second Street. To the right is the Guthrie Morris Campbell Company (former Star Grocery)
at Second and Juliana.
Looking south from Third Street during a flood cleanup.
The Blennerhassett Club at 402 Juliana, on the northeast
corner of Fourth Street, in the early 1900s.
The J.M. Jackson home (seen here around 1897), designed in the Second Empire style (a subset of
“Victorian” architecture), stood at 418 Juliana Street. No, Norman Bates didn't live there. To the left
is Trinity Episcopal Church at 430 Juliana. (Photo courtesy of Linda Meyers)
The J.M. Jackson house in the early 1950s, flanked by Trinity
Episcopal Church (left) and Maxwell Radio Company.
|Trinity Episcopal Church
on Juliana Street, near Fifth,
|The Elks Club stood
at 515 Juliana.
Photo circa 1908.
Looking south from near the corner of Sixth Street during the January 1937 flood, you can see the Elks Club and the Parkersburg Sentinel (the white house with the mansard roof). (Photo courtesy of Tim Archer)
|A Masonic parade moves up Juliana in 1907.
The Parkersburg Sentinel is on the left.
|The Elks Club around 1907.
Looking southeast toward the Wood County Courthouse, the then brand new
Parkersburg City Building, and the new Public Debt Building from a point
above the southwest corner of Fifth and Juliana, in the early 1970s.
Looking south on Juliana from Seventh Street during a 1940 snow. Scholl Printing was at 620 Juliana.
The building on the right is the Parkersburg Sentinel. (Courtesy of Shane King)
The corner of Juliana and Seventh during the 1937 flood.
Colonel William N. Chancellor's elaborate Second Empire home (with Italianate touches), built in the
1870s, dominates the northeast corner of Ninth and Juliana in this circa 1906 photo. This house
still stands. Chancellor, a former Parkersburg mayor, built the Blennerhassett and Chancellor
hotels, and the Union Trust Building. On the left is the Shattuck house at 910 Juliana.
The Chancellor house in 1897.
Photo courtesy of Dan Kemper.
Charles Shattuck's Second Empire home, seen here in the late 1890s, still stands at 910 Juliana.
Photo courtesy of Linda Meyers.
The Robert Wilson house at 916 Juliana in 1897. Wilson was in the lumber business.
|The First Methodist Church was built at the corner of Tenth and Juliana from 1909 to 1910 and opened the following year, replacing the Methodist Church at Fifth and Juliana. (Courtesy of Kasey Snyder)|
The First Methodist Church on the corner of Tenth Street was built in 1909-10.
Looking up Juliana from Tenth Street at the turn of the century.
The iron fence of 1006 Juliana is on the extreme right of the photo.
The same view, in the snowy winter of 1906 or 1907.
First Methodist pastor Reverend M F Compton stands on the corner of Tenth and Juliana, in front
of the church parsonage at 1000 Juliana Street, in 1909. The house next door is 1006 Juliana.
(Photo courtesy of Jeremy and Cathy Bungard)
|Looking at the north side
of 1006 Juliana Street in
1918, you can see the
intersection of Tenth Street
in the background.
(Courtesy of Jeremy
and Cathy Bungard)
1103 Juliana Street.
1125 Juliana Street in 1907. This was the home of William H. Smith
who owned W.H. Smith Hardware on Third Street.
This carpenter Gothic house at 1204 Juliana (seen here around 1897)
was built in 1866-67 for the Stewart family. It was later the home
of A.G. Jackson. Today it's known as the Jackson-Ball house.
(Photo courtesy of Linda Meyers)
At the turn of the 20th century, real estate man J. H. Grogg lived at 1300 Juliana Street,
on the northeast corner of Thirteenth. (Courtesy of Jeremy Bungard)
Photo dated April 24, 1971: "Pouring of the concrete deck for the new Juliana Street Bridge in Parkersburg is expected to begin in May. The existing bridge (left) will be razed when the new $5 million span is opened before the end of the year."
Content © Copyright 2002-2017 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2017 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com