THE PARKERSBURG NEWS
|The Parkersburg News (seen here in the late teens or early 1920s) stood at 211 Fifth Street, next door to the Hippodrome Theater (later the Smoot), on the former site of the First Methodist Church that was razed in 1911. Before then, the newspaper was known as the Parkersburg Dispatch-News, located in City Hall Place (a wide alley behind City Hall). The alley disappeared when the City Building was torn down, but the site of the Dispatch News is still there.|
|(Photo courtesy of Artcraft Studio, 519-521 Market Street, Parkersburg, WV 26101; (304) 485-5771.)|
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2004 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2004 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com