ST. JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL
|Originally a Catholic school and convent run by the Sisters of the Visitation, this building on the southeast corner of Fifth and Avery became St. Joseph's Hospital in 1900 after the nuns moved their school to DeSales Heights (see DeSales page). St. Joseph's moved to its present hospital location at Nineteenth and Murdoch in 1931. The old building seen here was torn down and later replaced by a Sears, Roebuck store.|
The present St. Joseph's at Murdoch and 19th Street,
as it looked in the early 1930s.
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2001-2002 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2002 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com