LOOKING NORTH ON MARKET FROM THIRD STREET (intro page)
Looking up Market in 1897. On the right are the Jackson Hotel (at Third) and the Blennerhassett Hotel (at Fourth), along with the old Italian bell tower of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church. On the left, at Fifth Street, is the Gothic-style City Building. Photo courtesy of Dan Kemper.
|Market after the turn of the century.|
An early Christmastime photo. The Wood County Courthouse is on the left.
Looking up Market during the 1913 flood. The Blennerhassett Hotel is on the right.
The Jackson Hotel at the northeast corner of Third and Market in 1897.
Photo courtesy of Dan Kemper.
G.E. Smith & Sons Jewelers was located in the Smith
Building at 312 Market Street, just north of the
Jackson Hotel. This illustration is from 1893.
BACK TO PARKERSBURG HOMEPAGE
Content © Copyright 2001-2008 Jim Dawson. All Rights Reserved.
Site design © Copyright 2001-2008 Earl P. Reinhalter. All Rights Reserved.
Webmaster's site: ElectricEarl.com